Bonelli Golden Coast Race 4/14/18

Another double weekend. A whole new plethora of pain. Bonelli was another one of those courses that destroyed you. The steep, long hills. The bumpy downhills. This combination left me aching. In my race, I was the only person who signed up for my category: CAT 1 17-18 Men. This meant that no matter what, I would win. It was a relaxing thought. However, it also meant that I would be racing alone. To solve this, I dropped into the next lowest age group to race with my younger teammates, Ethan and Hunter. The race started, and I decided that I would just pace with Ethan throughout the race until he finished and I set off for my 4th lap while they finished at 3. We took turns pulling, and throughout the race we gradually pulled in racers and overtook them. For me, this race was purely for to practice strategy and teamwork because my place in the race was guaranteed. At the end of the 3rd lap, I pulled away from Ethan so that I could have a good start to my final lap, but as I was pulling through the finish line, my coaches said that I was done. Apparently, Coach Jason convinced the timer to shorten my race to only 3 laps because I started with the CAT 1 15-16s and it was only fair to finish with them. Also I had to save my legs for my race at Vail Lake the following day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cruise the Keys at Keyesville April 8, 2018

Vail Lake;Socal League Race #2

Vail Lake GoldCoast Race April 29, 2018