The 12 Hour and Enduro at Vail Lake

First of all, these weekends where I do both the 12 Hour and Enduro are some of the most difficult 2 days that I go through each year. I probably would not have made it through the weekend without the constant comedic relief that my team provides me. Another vital part of my ability to finish the weekend was my very appreciated support from my sponsors. Thank you to Ellsworth, Kenda, and ESI Grips because my bike worked great. Thanks to GUP for making sure I had a backup plan if things went wrong. Thanks to FTech for the awesome new kits (seriously these things look so cool and ore very comfy). And finally, thanks to Rudy Project for the super comfortable helmet and glasses (those orange transition lenses were so helpful when the sun went down).
The race itself went very well in my opinion. My team was pulling some very consistent and fast laps the whole time, except of course after the sun went down because who would have known that it would be harder to see in the dark? It was a long 12 hours of pain on and off the course and needless to say, I was glad when it was over. At least we got 1st right? After the race I tried to convince my coach to let me off the hook for the endure because BOY was I tired. But, he convinced me otherwise and I am glad he did because I ended up grabbing a top spot on the podium. It was probably the windiest weather I have ever been in and each run had at least a half mile sprint and I can pretty much guarantee that this is what gave me my win because I have the advantage of being an xc rider to help me push through the wind.Overall It was a pretty unforgettable weekend to have won both races I was in and be able to laugh and joke around through it all.

Comments

  1. Well said, Micah. Im glad the enduro event worked out on your favor. Keep working hard. We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cruise the Keys at Keyesville April 8, 2018

Vail Lake;Socal League Race #2

Vail Lake GoldCoast Race April 29, 2018