SoCal DEVO training camp

Without a doubt, this weekend was one of the most challenging, mentally and physically, that I have had in a long time. Although this weekend left me physically destroyed, it was rewarding in quite a few ways. It gave me a gauge of where my fitness is in comparison to my fellow teammates, it gave me confidence and an excitement for my team’s upcoming season, and it was good to hang out with other people with my same interests. Friday night was by far the most exciting of the three days because we were rewarded with helmets and glasses from Rudy Project ( probably the most comfortable helmet ever), bags from Scicon ( somehow they are twice as small as my previous bag but carry everything while staying extremely organized), super lightweight tires from Kenda, and we got a sneak peak at this year’s jerseys! Saturday morning we woke up to the national anthem playing as Coach Jason walked around giggling. Soon after we woke we were out the door to do a chest and core workout. I could tell that this was gonna be a much harder weekend than last year from the start. After the workout, We headed over to vail lake to do some repeats on the Dam Climb. I was really proud of my two times of 9:48 and 9:55 from the bottom to the top. Those times were the highlight of my Saturday. It showed me that even though I was tired to begin with, I have a darn good chance at top ten in varsity this year. After a lively discussion about whether or not cake is just bread when you take off the frosting and some motocross, everyone was passed out within seconds of there heads’ hitting the pillow. On Sunday, we once again were woken up with the national anthem and the giggling of Coach Jason. After our morning workout, we met up with some SoCal DEVO alumni, including my brother, and rode to the nursery to practice. But before fun, of course we had to do a short 1 mile sprint. This was a good thing however, because this was probably the first time I beat Jonah in anything. That was the highlight of Sunday for me personally. Although this year’s devo camp was much harder for everyone, I believe that it was very beneficial for me.

Comments

  1. Well done. It looks as though youre off to a great start this year. Keep training hard, son!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cruise the Keys at Keyesville April 8, 2018

Vail Lake;Socal League Race #2

Vail Lake GoldCoast Race April 29, 2018